Poolside Cafe @ Andrew (Boy) Charlton is the Domain’s best kept secret. Located on the fringe of the Royal Botanic Gardens, the cafe has a prime position with the leafy precinct of Mrs Macquarie’s Point on one side and Woolloomooloo Bay on the other.
Enjoy the panoramic views over Sydney Harbour and watch the lapping swimmers from behind the café’s floor to ceiling glass windows or the open-air terrace. Pool patrons can pop upstairs to grab a bite to eat or you can breeze in from the Domain for breakfast & Campos coffee or enjoy lunch with a glass of wine.
- SMH Good Food Guide 2012 – Ten of the best
- SMH Good Cafe Guide 2011
- SMH Everyday Eats 2011 Guide (March 2011) – 3 Stars
- Time Out Sydney - Sydney’s best outdoor restaurants (Feb 2011)
- SMH Good Living – Sydney’s most scenic restaurants (Nov 2010)
- SMH Good Food Guide 2011 – Ten of the best views
- Sunday Telegraph Top 5 Cool Pool Cafes – Voted Number One (Jan 2010)
- SMH (sydney) Magazine ‘Summer Guide – Top 5 places to eat outdoors’ (Dec 2009)
- Time Out Sydney ‘Eat Out Sydney’s Top 10 outdoor tables’ (Feb 2009)
- SMH Good Living ‘Three of a kind poolside cafes’ (Dec 2008)
- Time Out ‘Sydney Sydney’s Top 10 Breakfasts’ (Mar 2008)
- New York Times ‘Sydney’s Beachside Cuisine’ (Feb 2008)